Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

*He is DEFINITELY a Mims!!*

He DEFINITELY looks just like his Daddy! He was trying to smile at his Mommy! :)
He loves his "boy parts!" Notice his fingers wrapped around his little tee tee! :)

Can you tell what this is? HA :)

On July 22, I had another doctor's appointment with Dr. Nelson. I knew going into the visit that I was scheduled to have an ultrasound (and Dr. Nelson told me that they would take a few "test shots" in 4D of his face) so I asked my Mama to come along. John Morgan was out of town for the day and I definitely didn't want to go by myself. I didn't have to wait long to get in for my ultrasound and my mom almost missed it! I got into the room and, like always, as soon as I see him on the screen my heart stops and a huge SMILE immediately flies across my face! The technician started her exam as usual and again stated what is always said, "He is going to be big!" She asked me again when my due date was and I told her October 15 and she looked at me like there was no way that I would make it that far! She told me that he was still measuring about two weeks ahead and that he was already in a good position with his head facing down. She continued with her exam and all of a sudden stopped in the middle and said, "Oh my, I do not think that I have seen a foot this big in a while!" I immediately started laughing and she said that his foot is already 2.5 inches long! My mom pulled out her tape measure that she always carries around with her and measured out 2.5 inches and we were floored! He is going to have a huge foot!

After we looked at his foot and got a good laugh out of that for a while, the nurse finally started trying to get a good picture of his face! When she finally got a picture and I saw it on the screen I nearly fell of the chair! He was absolutely the most adorable, precious, beautiful little boy that I have ever seen! You could actually see him moving his lips, like he was trying to smile, and flaring his nostrils! It was a priceless moment and to top it off, he looks exactly like John Morgan! EXACTLY! I didn't necessarily expect any less (their genes are VERY STRONG) and I couldn't be happier! He is beautiful! She also started looking around his "boy parts" area and started laughing again. She said "he will not let go of his boy parts!" I was laughing so hard because I knew that John Morgan would have been so proud! She got a fabulous picture of him actually holding his boy parts! It was wild! I asked her if she had any idea how big he was since I keep being told he is going to be big and she estimated him weighing 2 lbs. and 14 ounces already! He is going to be my big boy! I definitely recommend trying a 4D ultrasound! It is unreal what you can actually see! I knew that I needed to go ahead and make my real appointment because he was plenty big to get good pictures! Oh yeah, his heart rate was great as always.. it was 146 beats per minute!
After the ultrasound my mom had to leave. This happened to be the week of Mississippi's Junior Miss and she needed to get back to all of her Judge's Chairman requirements. I went back into the waiting room to wait to meet with Dr. Nelson. After a little bit, I got called back to see her. I immediately had to weigh in, like always, and I gained a few more pounds (I am continuing to tell myself that it is good weight gain). The nurse came in to take my blood pressure and it was fine (136/72). Dr. Nelson came in to talk with me and she said that everything was looking good. I asked her about my 4D ultrasound and she said that it would be a good idea to go ahead and schedule it for my next visit.

All in all the visit was great! I got to see GREAT pictures of my beautiful little baby who looks EXACTLY like a Mims and my meeting with Dr. Nelson went good! Thank you for all of your continued thoughts and prayers! We are getting closer and closer to meeting our sweet little boy!

Until next time....

With love,

Anna and John Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment