Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

*July 8 Doctor's Appointment*

Again, I am sorry that I have been slacking so bad on updating the blog! I am going to fill you in on several doctor's appointments that I have had recently!

On July 8, I had another doctor's appointment! This time was a little different, however, because I had to take my glucose sugar test. I had to drink a very sugary and thick drink within 2-5 minutes an hour before my appointment was scheduled to begin. I drank the drink, which was not very fun, and headed to the doctor's office. I got to the office and, like always, began the wait to get in to see Dr. Nelson. Before I met with Dr. Nelson, the nurse called me back to test my glucose levels. I went into the back and the nurse pricked my finger real fast and told me that my results would be ready by the time I go in with Dr. Nelson. I waited and waited and finally my name was called to go into the back to meet with Dr. Nelson! Like always, they immediately made me weigh in and it was not a pretty sight! Me and Baby Mims must have gone through a huge growth spurt because I gained a good amount of weight! I went into the room and the nurse came in and took my blood pressure! Again, like always, my blood pressure was high when she first checked it, but after a few minutes it was fine (132/72). I wasn't scheduled to have an ultrasound at this visit so the nurse then used her instrument to check his heart rate and it was 146 beats per minute, which is great! About that time Dr. Nelson came in to talk to me! She asked me again if me and John Morgan were big babies because she said that me and the baby went through an obvious growth spurt! She informed me that everything looked great, but that my glucose sugar test results came back borderline. She told me that she wasn't going to have me take the more detailed three hour test yet, but that she would re-check my glucose levels at another appointment.

So, all in all, this particular visit wasn't that interesting. I didn't have an ultrasound to admire and everything else was pretty standard. I did ask Dr. Nelson about scheduling my 4D ultrasound because I knew that Baby Mims was getting pretty big and she told me that she would recommend it in the coming weeks. She said that at my next appointment she would take a few "test shots" of his face in 4D to see if he was ready! That excited me and that was all for the day!

Until next time...

With love,

Anna and John Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment